The new Triple P providers have been trained to deliver Group Triple P – an intensive small-group course that gives parents of children up to 12 years a wide range of positive parenting skills.
“Those who trained are highly regarded in their fields and are very enthusiastic about Triple P and its suitability for Turkish parents,” said Triple P training consultant, Dr Taner Guvenir.
Dr Guvenir, Consultant Adolescent Psychiatrist and Medical Director at Dokuz Eylül University, has previously trained University staff to deliver Triple P seminars to parents in Balcova. He has also led local research trials into the effectiveness and cultural acceptability of the evidence-based Triple P program.
But this was the first time training was open to any eligible professional in the country. The participants came from Istanbul, Izmir, Aydin, and as far as Cyprus.
“[Those trained] will now be able to give Turkish parents high-quality support to help them build better relationships with their children and manage behavioral issues”, Dr Guvenir said.
More open-enrollment Triple P Provider training will be held in 2019. The first training will be in Selected Seminar Triple P, covering content and techniques to deliver a series of three 90-minute talks to large groups of parents. Practitioners eligible to deliver Triple Seminars include teachers, psychologists, counsellors, social workers, early childhood staff and police officers.
For more information about open-enrollment Triple P Provider Training in Turkey in 2019, please contact Hümanist Büro: email@example.com
WHAT THE PARTICIPANTS SAID:
Following the training, the new Triple P providers praised both the content of the Triple P parenting program, and the approach of the training sessions.
- “The Triple P program offers a structured skeleton to help parents build a healthy relationship with their children. Forming the rest, the body of this skeleton, is up to the parents. I think this is one of the strongest aspects of Triple P program. Because every child is unique, and the parents know what’s best for them.”
Yağmur Damla Demir (Psychologist)
- “The moment I signed up for this program, I knew that I was going to learn so much, but it also increased my self-awareness. This program made me realize how much we are focused on the negative and are far away from positive thinking.”
Tilbe Ceren Erken (Psychologist)
- The first day I was a little worried that my questions weren’t quite answered, but later, I understood that it was part of the training: it was creating an opportunity for me to answer the questions myself. In the end of the program, all my questions were answered in a very detailed way.”
Ahmet Senses (Child Adolescent Psychiatrist)
- Motivating parents by asking them how to connect with their children and asking them the ways they communicate with their children is a great technique, particularly because every parent knows their child the best.”
Erdem Beyoğlu (Child Adolescent Psychiatrist)
- The Triple P Program could be very influential for society; starting by improving the quality of relationship between parents and children, then influencing many more by striving for improved mental health, and focusing on preventative techniques.
İpek Uçkan (Clinical Psychologist)
- “If this program was 10 full days, I would still have enjoyed every minute. It was very satisfying! Our instructor was flawless; his calmness, understanding, and endless attention was amazing. The organization also was really great. Everything was perfectly done.”
Aysun Aydin (Psychologist)